Before actually choosing a specific topic for your essay keep in mind that you are welcome to tell a story about your own experience, as well as about some fantastic situation that just came to your mind. These topics are meant to give you an idea in the first place, although you are welcome to pick one of them and develop exactly the chosen topic from the list. Look at some possible topics, that may inspire you for writing a good story.
- The biggest misunderstanding you have ever had. This may be whatever you want it to be: misunderstanding between you and some of your relatives, your friends, professor, etc. However, you may write about somebody else's experience with a big misunderstanding.
- The day you decided to change your life. Did such day ever happen? Or maybe you only dream of a day, when you decided to change your life? It doesn't matter, since all you need is to write about this day or make up a story about it.
- The hour of your life that you would like to live once again. Think about something significant that happened to you within an hour (or a minute, ten minutes, etc.) that was so wonderful that you want to repeat the feelings you had at that time.
- Imagine that you found yourself in a mysterious house where you had never been before. What does it look like? Is it scary or inviting? Remember that you are absolutely welcome to set your imagination free and make up a fantastic story.
- Imagine that you have all the money in the world. What would you do with that money? Would you donate or engage yourself in charity? Or maybe, you would like to live just for your own pleasure, buy an island and spend your life in a sweet idleness?
- Tell about something that disappeared from your life. It may be anything you want, starting from a personal diary and finishing with a person that just disappeared from your life.
- Write a story about the most exciting trip you have ever had (or wish to have). Remember giving all the interesting details and make your reader feel like he is a part of your trip.
- Write about the most awful, terrible, unbelievably bad day in your life. You can name the story like «the journey to the hell», if it was really that bad. Remember that you may brighten your story up so it could be more exciting.
- These are some narrative essay topics that we hope will inspire you. You should know that not the title makes your story good, but the content. However, a good title is important for provoking your audience's interest. When your topic is chosen and you are ready to proceed to writing, try to follow the next tips.