If you are assigned to write a compare and contrast essay, it is important that you know and understand the purpose of this kind of paper. As a matter of fact, a compare and contrast essay serves to provide the target audience with an analyze of differences and the main similarities of two or more subjects, which may be anything, starting from a novel and finishing with people. Usually, writing such essays is rather interesting, as long as it helps find new fascinating facts about subjects that we may know, although it turns out that a number of curious facts were unknown to us. Here, we provided tips and guidelines that you might find helpful for writing a good paper, including compare and contrast essay on two friends.
Having already said a few words about the overall purpose of a compare and contrast essay, we would like to add also the following. First of all, it is important not only to provide the differences or various similarities of two friends (in case if your writing assignment is compare and contrast essay on two friends ), but to use certain differences or similarities in order to create a meaningful and strong argument in regard to the subjects that you compare in your paper. At the same time, you need to make sure that you understand the writing assignment you are asked to complete the right way. The point is, there is a number of different aspects about particular subject of exploration. You may be asked to provide a comparison of the features of character of two friends, or you may be asked to find only the differences between them. Therefore, until you make sure about the exact task that you need to complete, you should not proceed to the writing of your compare and contrast essay on two friends.
In addition, we recommend starting to work on your paper early. It is necessary to do some research beforehand, find out some interesting facts that you will include into your paper. In case if your compare and contrast essay on two friends has to provide common and different features concerning you and your friend, it is necessary to try to provide an objective point of view. In order to do this, you may communicate with other people who know both of you so you could hear an additional opinion about your and your friend's personalities. As soon as you undertake all these steps, it is time to proceed to actually writing your compare and contrast essay on two friends.
Table Of Contents:
Getting Started With Essays On Compare And Contrast
At first, remember that you should pick one of your friends, who is really different from you, otherwise there will be nothing to compare. You can have common views, tastes, beliefs, values and attitudes, but at the same time there has to be a number of significant differences between the two of you in order to provide a comparison. Once you have made a good choice, we recommend undertaking the following the steps provided below.
- Think of the may to make the discussion that you are going to provide in your paper quite meaningful. The point is, if you want your paper to be well-written, it is not enough to say what is common or not between the two friends that you compare. Instead, it is necessary to explain your potential readers why exactly these differences or similarities exist.
- Think of good examples. Every time you mention a common feature or some kind of a difference between the two friends who you compare, you need to give relevant, appropriate and interesting examples. Consider telling an interesting story that took place in real life, it will help provide a vivid image of a personality.
- Brainstorming is always useful. Whatever topic of your essay is, brainstorming will always help you come up with good and interesting ideas. Therefore, you need to take some time for a productive brainstorming, which will help you decide the major and most important points to provide in your paper, as well as define the supporting points.
- Work on your thesis development. There are several methods to develop a thesis statement for a compare and contrast essay. At the same time, keep in mind that it has to provide an argument explaining the reason (or several reasons) why you are right when comparing the subjects in that or another way.
- Create a good structure for your parer. As well as with the thesis statement, there is a number of ways to create a structure for your paper. For example, you may use a subject by subject structure, which means to describe every subject separately without jumping from one theme to another.
- Provide an outline for your paper. This is important for working out the major parts, elements and points of your paper. Also, it will serve as a template, in accordance with which you will write your essay. Remember the main parts of your essay, which are the introduction, the body and the conclusion.
- Divide the body of your paper into paragraphs, each of which would provide concrete point (or one of the main ideas). Every paragraph will start with an opening sentence that will provide a little overview of the rest of the information in the paragraph.
- Make up a conclusion, which would summarize all your main and supporting points.
Whether you need to write a compare and contrast essay on abortion or essay compare and contrast two cities, these guidelines will definitely help you cope with this kind of writing assignment.
Considering Our Help
- Professional formatting an essay.
- Writing a grant proposal.
- Help with case study definition.
- Assistance with dissertation conclusion and dissertation introduction.