- Your perfect partner to write a sample case study.
- Your first day at high school.
- The worst and best moments in your life.
- The most convenient place and way to do academic homework.
- Your experiences in learning foreign languages.
- Your favorite piece of art.
How to Prewrite Descriptive Essays
Choosing your topic is only the first step to write a good descriptive essay, so there are other stages involved, including prewriting or getting ready.
- Create your thesis statement, which is the main idea of your future essay. Make sure it can tell readers more about the purpose of writing it and use the right thesis format. Pick the most important and interesting details to describe to support your thesis and include them into the main body.
- Create an outline to list the ideas discussed in every paragraph of your academic essay. Don’t forget about the introductory one, at least a few main paragraphs, and your conclusion.
Tips on Writing a Good Academic Essay
- It should be structured in a way that really makes sense in terms of your chosen topic. For example, if you’re writing about a specific event, your paragraphs should be listed in a chronological order. If you are trying to describe a place, they should go from general to specific.
- Write a clear and interesting introduction. It’s a bit different from other papers, such as a cv example, and it should establish the main purpose of your descriptive essay.
- Write a concise and clear topic sentence at the beginning of every main body paragraph. This is what provides readers with a better idea of its basic purpose. Make sure each of them is related to a topic sentence.
- Give more sensory details to support your thesis. You can use a wide range of literary tools, including metaphors, similes, and so on.
- Write a great conclusion that summarizes everything stated in your descriptive essay. It should literally restate your main thesis because it’s the last thing others will read, so your conclusion will stay in their mind the longest.
Ideas on how to Finalize Your Descriptive Essay
- Once your academic paper is finished, take a break and relax to refresh your mind. Take a look at it after a while to evaluate it as future readers.
- Read your essay while keeping readers in mind and ask a few basic questions. Does it unfold in a certain way to help them understand your chosen topic? Are there any confusing paragraphs?
- Reread it a few times, as it will help you achieve a few important goals, such as locating sections that may be confusing or awkward.
- Ask your friends or other students to read your descriptive essay to ensure that it makes sense and has no mistakes to be fixed.
- Proofread it once again for spelling, grammar, and other errors and clichés.
If this task seems a bit hard or overwhelming, contact our professional academic writers who can do everything, including cv template word and other assignments, at quite affordable rates. Be sure to get a high quality, fast speed, and great customer support.