A dissertation proposal is important because it persuades the committee that you want to research a worthwhile and original subject and demonstrates that you can:
- Explain the importance of your chosen question.
- Examine the necessary materials.
- Make a plan to gather information for your further study.
- Investigate promising ideas.
- Present their sound analysis to the audience.
A dissertation proposal also helps you clarify available arguments, thoughts, and approaches, but you need to answer the following questions when writing it:
- What problems will you solve?
- Why do they exist?
- Why do you need to solve them?
- How to find possible solutions?
- Why do you choose them?