What does a good argumentative essay include? The compulsory parts of any writing piece are the introduction and the conclusion. These parts may seem easy, but they are usually the hardest ones to write, the reason many people choose to buy argumentative essay instead of writing it on their own. An introduction should not contain any opinions or ideas that support your argument whatsoever, but should highlight the importance of the given topic. For example, in some reaction paper guidelines it is advised to answer two questions in the introduction: Why is the topic important nowadays? What lead to the problem being discussed? Likewise, a conclusion should contain predictions of likely future implications of the problem, and not discuss any of the arguments given. The arguments you have must be discussed in body paragraphs, 1 body paragraph for each argument. This way, for the given topic "What are the upsides and downsides of Internet marketing nowadays?", a typical marketing paper format will have 4 paragraphs: introduction, upsides, downsides, conclusion.
Here are some tips for writing a good argumentative essay:
- use a sufficient number of appropriate linking words
- make sure your paragraphs contain only 1 central idea that you focus on, i.e. don’t jump to highlighting some disadvantages of Internet in the paragraph where only advantages should be
- use different wording and grammar structures, avoid repetition
- make your paragraphs clearly visible
- if the task specifically asks you to give your opinion, state your opinion clearly using opinion phrases, like “In my opinion” etc.
When developing arguments in body paragraphs, make sure you give specific examples that support the given ideas. Too general sentences are never good in proving that an argument is valid, so try to provide specific websites, historical names, and figures to support each argument. Moreover, it is a good idea to sequence the evidence for each argument logically, giving 2-3 sentences for each point. For instance, when you discuss advantages of Internet marketing, first write about worldwide influence and provide an example, then move on to low costs and provide an example etc. Never overgeneralize, but make sure that you provide truthful information.