Like many other research paper formats, an asa paper also should comply with certain rules. Let’s look through them:
- All text (that's also true for references and footnotes) need to be double spaced with a font size 12 points.
- Margins should be 1¼ inches on four sides.
- Your research paper should have a separate title page, where one could easily find the title of your paper, your name and the name of the educational institution, where your study, word count for your paper (including references and footnotes), credits, title footnote (including all the necessary names and addresses), grants and acknowledgements.
- If required, provide a brief (150-250 words) abstract with the title on a separate page.
- Start the text of your asa format sample paper on a separate page. It should be headed with the title of your paper.