The following list includes key questions related to the issues that one must necessarily highlight while writing one’s personal statement:
- When and why did you begin to be interested in your selected subject?
- What is the reason that nudged you to choose this specific subject? Why do you want to be an expert in this sphere? Have you ever thought about another profession?
- What is the reason for your being so keen on studying the subject in this particular university?
- Can you list your personal characteristics? What are your strongest and weakest points? How do other people from your circle of contacts estimate you strengths and weaknesses? Which special talents or aspects of personality suitably equip you for studies of the subject and for a future career?
- Have you had any work experience related to your chosen subject? Was there anything that has happened to you and has given you an inspirational insight into life as a person of this profession?
- Do you have interests and hobbies outside academic studies? Can you imagine yourself doing the same things in four, seven or ten years time?