Don't hurry up to proceed directly to writing. At first, you need to have a clear imagination of what you will read. Maybe you will have a list of required literature to read or maybe you'll be even given a concrete piece of publication. In case your review is going to be a part of your dissertation, it is up to you what to read. But if it is a separate work, then there have to be special requirements. Anyway, once you have decided what to read, here's another question coming up. What do you need to find out? What do you want to prove or refute? Be accurate when answering these questions, as long as the success of your review depends on the precise objective of your own. Of course, when you are ready to give clear answers, you'd better write them down. After that, we suggest you following the next guidelines.
- Make a draft with an outline and a line of argument. Here, you may use all those notes and critical comments you made while reading. It will help you form your viewpoint and make it narrow.
- Then read our thesis literature review examples.
- Start writing with an introduction. Introduction provides the reader with a brief overview of your paper and gives the main point.
- Make connections between your argumentation and opinion. There has to be an obvious evidence of your rightfulness.
- Include opposite ideas. You should pay attention to ideas that do not agree with yours and therefore show the reader how you deal with them.
- It is also important that you adhere to an academic style of writing.
- The body of your review has to be chronologically structured according to the dates of publications.
- Choose a methodology and follow it within your paper. There are many approaches in scientific methodology, but you'd better choose one in order not to get lost in your writing.
- Be selective when using quotes. It is important because your review will never benefit from a host of unnecessary quotes. In addition, as we have already said, it has to be narrow.
Don't forget to use our literature review thesis example which will help you imagine what your review has to look like. And, prepare yourself for a hard work. You are going to read an amount of literature and sometimes it will be rather annoying. Anyway, patience is an essential part of academic work. Still, there is a solution if you are not that into review writing. We offer you our assistance, which is available for you everyday at any time.