On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
18 total offers received. Writer hired: mathew2010
Conceptual Paper on the Movie 'Crash'
This paper is a conceptual paper for a Communications course due Tuesday, December 8th. The assignment is to watch the movie "Crash" (2004 by Paul Haggis) and then write a paper on it. Write a 2500-7000 word APA formatted paper that displays your proficiency in the articulation of the material in class by correctly incorporating the vocabulary, concepts, and/or themes operating in a different culture than your own.
Steps and Requirements:
1. Read the assignment prompt provided.
2. Watch the movie that is assigned.
3. Select four concepts (one concept from each of the four columns) from the assignment prompt to apply to the movie.
4. Write the CAP assignment using strict APA guidelines (see “Format” section of the assignment sheet)
5. Proof the paper, being sure that APA format, citations, and references are correctly utilized
Paper Introduction (10 Points)
- Use Level 1 Heading for "Introduction"
- College level opening
- Movie Summary
- Full movie plot in your own words
- Give detailed information (location, time, character names, etc.)
- Clear Thesis Statement
-One statement at the end of the introduction which states the four concepts you are going to apply to this film (listing your concepts in the order in which you will be covering them in the paper)
Concept Section (30 Points for each concept, 120 for all 4 concepts)
- Concept Title (Level 1 Heading)
- Definition (Level 2, worth 5 Points)
- Define the concept using only the textbook, additional readings, or course podcasts as your sources.
- In order for the application to be correct, this definition must be correct.
- Explanation (Level 2, worth 10 Points)
- Explain the concept in your own words
- In order for the application to be correct, this explanation must be correct.
Application (Level 2 Heading, worth 15 Points)
- Apply the concept to the movie
- Explain how the concept was portrayed in the movie.
- Apply a specific example or scene from the movie (use full descriptions AND time stamps) in your explanations.
- Assume the person reading your paper has never heard of the concept AND has never seen the film.
Paper Conclusion (25 points)
Use Level 1 Heading for “Conclusion”
- Restate the concepts
- Using the concepts you selected AND one of the characters you discussed, share what you would have done differently given the same situation AND the same culture to be more effective. OR, explain why that character was effective given that situation and culture.
- Column 1= perception OR stimulus-response
- Column 2= privilege OR standpoint theory
- Column 3= prejudices OR discrimination OR ethnocentrism
-Column 4= high context OR low context OR language
Please read the assignment description AND the attachments IN FULL! I have included a sample paper of Exactly what the final result should look like. I am happy to answer every and any question. Thanks!
This paper is a conceptual paper for a Communications course due Tuesday, December 8th. The assignment is to watch the movie "Crash" (2004 by Paul Haggis) and then write a paper on it.