On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
As an HR manager in a unionized hospital or other health care organization, it has come to your attention that the collective bargaining process can be used as a focal point for the formation of policies and practices that will improve the organization's employee-centered philosophy and, therefore, assist in the implementation and humanistic enforcement of key provisions of the National Labor Relations Act and the Civil Rights Act.
Complete the following parts of this assessment based upon your research and understanding of methods of addressing the scenario described above.
Part 1: Problem Description and Analysis
Complete the following:
• Explain and suggest ways that collective bargaining and legal mandates can advance the strategy of improving working conditions and environmental ambience in a health care organization.
• Explain how the collective bargaining process can be used to develop organizational policies and practices.
• Include some of the obstacles inherent in the collective bargaining process that might hinder effective development of policies and practices.
• Explain how the National Labor Relations Act provisions related to protected activities of employees can be used to foster improvements in workplace conditions.
• Explain how the Civil Rights Act provisions related to discrimination based on gender can be employed to foster improvements in a safe and secure work environment.
Part 2: Recommendation: Action Plan
Recommend an employee-centered plan of action that will address improvements in discriminatory practices by:
• Reducing workplace sexual harassment.
• Fostering improvements in collaborative working arrangements.
• Encouraging open and clear communication among staff and management.
• Developing and maintaining a secure work environment.
The audience for this action plan is senior management and workplace union leadership. Base your recommendation on the following expansion of the scenario:
It has been determined that employee satisfaction and morale is due primarily to discriminatory practices and lack of clearly delineated policies that foster harmony in the workforce and provide a safe and secure working environment.
Part 3: External Stakeholder Considerations
Once you have senior leadership on board, you must also consider options for reformatting the action plan for external stakeholders, such as union leadership, regulatory boards, community members, et cetera.
• Include a 2–4-paragraph reflection on how you would need to reformat this plan to meet the needs or requirements of external union leadership and other key external stakeholders.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
• Written communication: Your assessment artifacts should be professionally written in a form and style appropriate for the various stakeholders. Consider the purpose of the document, its intended use, and the setting in which your plan will be presented.
• APA format: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting standards.
• Number of resources: Include a minimum of five resources.
• Page length: 4–6 pages.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Create a 4–6-page action plan that addresses improvements in discriminatory practices and provides clearly defined policies that are intended to increase employee morale and workplace safety. The audience for the plan is senior management.
As an HR manager in a unionized hospital or other health care organization, it has come to your attention that the collective bargaining process can be used as a focal point for the formation of policies and practices that will improve the organization's employee-centered philosophy and, therefore, assist in the implementation and humanistic enforcement of key provisions of the National