On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Create a literature review relating to the course concept of Professional Boundaries. A literature review means finding 2 articles on boundaries and helper / counseling services. These articles can come from any source, including books, magazines or the internet. You must clearly label the author and the title of the article that you are reviewing. Then offer a paragraph summarizing the articles that you reviewed.
Below is a group of 5 questions to answer in a paper format. Answer each question in an essay style format. Be sure to use APA style for any siting that you do. Each portion should be about 100 words in total.
The paper should be laid out with the literature review first, then this section followed by section 3.
Then respond to the questions that written below.
Please provide the responses in a typed, size 12 font, double spaced format. Number or note the questions before the responses. Remember the literature review is first.
1) Describe what is meant by the 'context' of a relationship. Give examples. For this response, one paragraph or up to 50 words is acceptable.
2) Choose one (or more) of the statements below then respond to A-C below, in a written format. Once again about 50 - 100 words is acceptable for this portion of the assignment.
(A) Describe your understanding of the statement.
(B) Discuss how you may apply the information to your role as a family member.
(C) Discuss how you may apply the information to your role as a human services professional.
For each response, one paragraph or up to 50 words is acceptable.
Statements (chose 1 to expand on and further discuss. This Portion should be about a 1/2 page long
Healthy boundaries are flexible in the helping relationship.
We are surrounded by an invisible circle.
Children are supposed to have needs.
We are not born to be victims.
Intimacy requires two people.
If we don't have boundaries, we need defenses to protect ourselves.
3) Provide a personal or professional example of a Boundary violation. It can be one you have witnessed or experienced or have knowledge about. This should be about 100 words.
(A) Describe briefly the interactions that made it a boundary violation. How did you know it was a boundary violation (what clues, feelings, observations, thoughts did you observe)
(B) Please indicate what type of boundary it was (emotional, physical, spiritual, mental or other).
(C) What is one strategy, action or response a person could use to protect their boundaries in the situation?
4) Consider the statement on human development. “There are two paths to growth as a human being: survival or development.” This basically refers to nature of biology vs environment. Summarize what you feel is more powerful (nature or environment) with regards to our behaviors and decisions we make in life.
Offer some reflection of this statement with regards to boundaries. For example is it more difficult to keep or obtain boundaries when looking are biology or environment.
5) Please offer feedback on the assignment by responding to the following questions.
Did the assignment questions help you show your understanding of the personal and professional boundaries? Do you think it will be difficult for you to maintain boundaries in the helping role? Why do you feel boundaries are so important in the helping role?
Please feel free to offer any additional comments.
This should be a 4-6 page long paper. The paper should be typed, double spaced and 12 pt. font. It should be submitted through the blackboard assignment tab. All sources must be sited, APA style.
Create a literature review relating to the course concept of Professional Boundaries. A literature review means finding 2 articles on boundaries and helper / counseling services. These articles can come from any source, including books, magazines or the internet. You must clearly label the author and the title of the article that you are reviewing.