On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
18 total offers received. Writer hired: Researcher
Crime Data Criminology Essay
For this paper you are to compare and contrast the two primary crime data sources used in the United States, i.e., the Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) and the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS). The focus within the paper should be centered on the methodological procedures and implications between the two crime data sources. The purpose of this assignment is to critically review the primary data sources used in modern criminological research.
Paper Requirements Checklist
- All papers must be AT LEAST 10 pages of written text (you may not go under, but may go over) – this DOES NOT includes title page, references, charts, images, and any appendices (appendices are not required). Also you will see that the paper is 15 pages but that counts the title page, abstract, table of contents, and 2 reference pages and or space for images); 10 pages is the minimum number of actual written pages in the body of the paper.
- VERY IMPORTANT: All papers must be 100% original work for this class. The discovery of previous work being used as part of this paper will be treated as plagiarism. You cannot reuse papers submitted for previous courses. All submitted work must be fresh. If you choose to use previous work, on a limited basis, you must quote the material per APA 6th edition standards, and use it very sparingly. Please police yourself accordingly as questionable Turn It In results will have an adverse impact on my score.
- All papers must be typed and DOUBLE-SPACED.
- All papers must use 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1" margins all around (top, bottom, and sides)
- All papers must have page numbers (excluding the cover page) in the top right-hand corner of each page
- All papers must use APA 6th edition format for citations and references
- All papers must have a minimum of five (5) different acceptable academic sources
- Only the following are considered acceptable academic sources:
1. Peer-reviewed journal articles (on-line or hard copy)
2. The readings/articles in the lessons tab may be used
3. U.S. Government publications. You cannot use all government documents, you must use at least three peer reviewed sources as part of your five.
- Papers that fall short of minimum length will have a max point award related to the % of the paper they actually submit. For example the max possible for a paper that is 50% short of the minimum length will be 50%.
Note: This Assignment is directly connected to the following Course Learning Objectives:
LO3. Judge the impact of criminological theory and research on social policy;
LO4. Explain the history of statistical crime data collection and analysis and the various methods used to collect and disseminate that data
LO5. Summarize the differences between the UCR and NIBRS crime data reporting tools
For this paper you are to compare and contrast the two primary crime data sources used in the United States, i.e., the Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) and the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS). The focus within the paper should be centered on the methodological procedures and implications between the two crime data sources.