On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
In order to better understand the role of the audience in the theatre process, we first need to look at how theatre companies attract audience members. Your project this week is to choose a theatre company’s website and break it down. Do not choose a website that deals solely with one touring show or one Broadway production. Instead, focus on local or regional theatre companies that put on at least 5 productions a year. Click everywhere and really get to know this company.
Prompt / Questions to Consider:
• To begin, choose a professional theatre, and reflect on your overall impressions of the “look” of their website. This includes color choices, pictures, fonts, ease of use, etc.
• Next, examine their current or upcoming season of performances. Based on this information, who do you think is their audience? What do the plays they produce tell you about who they want to attract to their space?
• Review their ticket or sales area. How are their prices? Do they offer season tickets? Are there discounts for children? Students? Seniors? Other populations? What does this information tell you about their audience? Do you find these prices attractive? Unattractive?
• Take a look at their educational programming. First question: Do they have educational programming for their audiences or for youth? If they don’t, what does that tell you about the goals or audience of the organization? Second, if they do have educational programming, what is that programming and what seems to be their purpose of education? Is the focus on training professionals in the field or about exposing young people to theatre skills?
• Finally, based on your assessment, would you see plays here? Do they deserve your money and your time? Why or why not?
This assignment will be posted to Turn It In.
For the majority of written projects, please produce at least 500 words. This goal will ensure that you are being detailed and using support from the text. Name blocks and restating the prompt do not count towards your word count total.
Keep in mind that we will not be printing these projects, so feel free to do screen captures and add images as support.
In order to better understand the role of the audience in the theatre process, we first need to look at how theatre companies attract audience members. Your project this week is to choose a theatre company’s website and break it down. Do not choose a website that deals solely with one touring show or one Broadway production.