On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
The Informative Research Paper
The final assignment in ENG101 is the informative research paper; this paper should be at least six to eight pages (1,500-2,000 words) in length, not including title and references pages. This essay will be an informational synthesis of the issue Police Brutality. In essence, your goal in this final paper is to teach us about the controversy. To successfully complete this assignment, you will:
1. Focus on a clear issue that is controversial and under debate at the current time;
2. Summarize the background of the issue and the current context;
3. Identify the main positions in the current debate;
4. Summarize and discuss those positions, identifying the main claims;
5. Analyze the larger assumptions in those arguments and teach your readers about the current status of the debate and possible outcomes/next stages of the larger conversation on the issue.
Times New Roman 12 font and correct APA format. Use a website (CURRENT) like i.e. fox news.com/policebrutalitysadrabland
This article must be current 2016 and authentic. NO BLOGS
Basic Organizational Pattern:
1. Introduction: "Introduction" for some strategies to begin the paper. Setting up some context for the issue is a great way to open a position paper, as it allows you to show the issue is current. End this introduction paragraph with your thesis statement.
2. Background section (may take more than one paragraph): Set up the basics here of the issue and debate. Don’t do an exhaustive history—instead, you need to analyze the issue and consider what specific explanations of the background are needed. Definition of key terms could occur here, as well.
3. Analysis of the “positions” or “viewpoints”: Here, you will likely use comparison/contrast organization. Note that you will be identifying and summarizing main claims on each side here. If the claims are very similar, you will probably want to use point-by-point style of comparison/contrast in this section of the paper. If the claims are very different on each side, then the one-side-at-a-time method makes more sense. "Paragraphs: An Overview". Note that to maintain paragraph coherence, you should have one paragraph per claim per side (so, as a general rule, think of this section as six paragraphs).
Conclusion: Think about how you can lead the reader back out of the paper. In this type of essay, you might give us a preview of where the debate is likely headed. Is there a vote on the issue coming up?
The Informative Research Paper
The final assignment in ENG101 is the informative research paper; this paper should be at least six to eight pages (1,500-2,000 words) in length, not including title and references pages. This essay will be an informational synthesis of the issue Police Brutality. In essence, your goal in this final paper is to teach us about the controversy.