On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
• As a business person, you will be required to digest several pieces of information to arrive at a conclusion or make a decision. This assignment contains several pieces of information. You need to use them in their totality, making deep inferences at times and using your international business and economics knowledge developed throughout the semester to make informed decisions to the questions posed.
• Answer ALL questions fully.
• A well-crafted answer will be complete and specific, containing appropriate details, examples and/or facts. You will be assessed on the completeness and correctness of your answers as well as on the appropriateness of the jargons/terminology used. I’m more interested in the quality of your answers than in their lengths.
• Please label each part of your answers clearly. You may use appropriate headings as necessary.
• Your answers can be type-written If you type your answers, please use Blue color.
• Always assume the most likely business/economic scenario or possibility.
* Dont use Outside of this article sources
Times New Roman font 12 MLA
Questions – Label your answers to each question below clearly.
(i) Why has the Fed been raising its key interest rate since 2016 (to 0.50%-0.75% in December 2016 and to 1.50%-1.75% in March 2018)?
(ii) Explain the mechanism by which the Fed is doing this and the kind of monetary policy that is called.
(iii) Examine the likely effects on U.S. capital flows, the U.S. dollar, and U.S. exports as a result of the above Fed policy and the policy of the European Central Bank.
(iv) Explain the kind of fiscal policy the government has been trying to implement and provide some specific examples from across the excerpts here to substantiate your answer.
(v) Other things equal, explain the likely impacts of such a fiscal policy on some key economic variables (e.g. such as public savings, national savings) and the general economy.
(vi) What would be the likely impacts of the above monetary and fiscal policies on the U.S. trade deficit?
(vii) Why is Morgan Stanley skeptical about the fiscal policy?
(viii) Evaluate the consequences/implications of the Trump Administration’s tariff. In your answer you need to provide an in-depth and comprehensive analysis of the effects of the tariff and evaluate them, citing specific instances/examples provided in the excerpts (Your answer should address effects on several variables/stakeholders such as consumers, firms/businesses, government(s), countries, the global business landscape including trade flows, NIIP/capital flows etc).
• As a business person, you will be required to digest several pieces of information to arrive at a conclusion or make a decision. This assignment contains several pieces of information.