On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Participate in the discussion board with a minimal requirement of THREE postings per week to the discussion board, one original (by Wednesday) and two individual follow-ups to peers’ comments (posted by Saturday). The original discussion should be 200-300 words and referenced with additional literature. It is required you post a question at the end of your original post to generate discussion and critical thought. The follow-up responses should be at least 100 words incorporating additional literature (if appropriate but not required) and promoting critical thinking.
Review video Global Health Disparities. (2008). (5 mins)
Review video Hans Rosling, The Seemingly Impossible is Possible. TED Talks. (2007). (19 mins)
Questions for Thought and Discussion
You can join the discussion by responding to one or more of the questions noted below, pose your own analysis of the week’s topic, or share stories and experiences related to the week’s topic. Rather than simply answering the questions, add your own ideas, introduce new referenced literature, and build on issues raised within the discussion.
The following questions may guide your discussions for week 2:
1. From a global health perspective, is ‘wealthier healthier’? Do you adhere to the premise that poverty is the most significant determinant of global health? Please explain why you believe this to be true or not to be true.
2. What is the association between the development of a country and health? Offer examples of various and or specific development theories to support your position.
3. Do you see a correlation between the debt crisis of the 1970’s and early 1980’s and its effect on resource poor countries and what is happening today? Do you believe the debt crisis of 2011 will have a devastating effect on the health of the globe?
4. Do you believe the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals are attainable in the midst of our current economic environment? If not, what would you propose as a solution? Which SDG’s would you prioritize?
5. Do you believe strategies to address the healthcare inequities in resource poor countries should include a marketplace approach or a public redistributive strategy
Participate in the discussion board with a minimal requirement of THREE postings per week to the discussion board, one original (by Wednesday) and two individual follow-ups to peers’ comments (posted by Saturday). The original discussion should be 200-300 words and referenced with additional literature.