On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
1. Write a formal survival guide that documents advice on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. In order for the text to be convincing, the recommendations must be supported with details evidencing the writer's rationale and expertise on zombie habits and tendencies. Consider using the course resources and discussions, along with conducting a Google search on "zombies," "how to survive a zombie apocalypse," and "zombie survival guide" as means to better familiarize yourself with the topic.
Characteristics of Your Zombie
1. Your zombie is undead: a reanimated human corpse.
2. Your zombie is relentlessly aggressive, driven to eat human flesh.
3. Your zombie is biologically infected and infectious: a zombie bite will transfer the infection.
4. Your zombie lacks human intelligence and reasoning, acting purely on the one drive to eat humans.
4. Your zombie reacts to sensory details: sights & sounds.
5. Your zombie is most vulnerable in the head: destroy the brain kills the zombie.
This option is not available to you unless you speak to me prior.
2. In his Daily Show segment, "Behind the Veil," Jason Jones pokes at the ignorance of a segment of the American population towards Iran. Brainstorm various cultures that may be misunderstood, such as a Middle Eastern or Hispanic culture, Trekkies, Potterphiles, gamers, athletes, etc, and choose ONE culture to write an examination of, pinpointing the misconception and establishing a more accurate definition of your chosen culture and/or pinpointing the misconception and showcasing how the misconception is perpetuated, such as through the mass media.
● Audience: Your reader is a 55-year old tenured professor who expects essays to follow strict mechanics, basic structure, and a scientific, formal tone with all language choices.
Pet peeves: hates I, you, contractions (can't, won't, it's), and spelling errors in student writing.
● Essays must follow MLA Formatting Guidelines.
Grab the reader's attention
Thought provoking question
Offer the main point (thesis)
Your thesis should not only be clear, but the quality of its presentation should match the standards set in your hook.
Weak Thesis: People must find weapons, shelter, food and water to survive a zombie apocalypse.
Strong Thesis 1: To endure through the initial chaos of a zombie apocalypse, the remnants of humanity must equip themselves with weapons, find shelter, and stock food and water.
Strong Thesis 2: This paper will aim to present a clear and concise, step-by-step guide—focused on weapons, shelter, food and water—to survive an undead takeover and prevent the utter destruction of humanity.
II. Body Paragraphs
This is not necessary between the introduction and first body paragraph, nor with the last body paragraph and conclusion.
Clearly defined recommendation (topic sentence)
Specific detail to support recommendation
Specific reason(s) for the recommendation
Although utility knives can prove useful, they do not serve as effective weapons. It is absolutely imperative that survivors arm themselves during a zombie apocalypse. Hunting weapons and personal handguns can be found in the sporting goods store. A shot to the head will definitively kill a zombie; therefore ammunition should be treated like gold and only used when absolutely necessary. Smaller weapons such as Taser guns and mace fail to protect from the unwavering advances of a lumbering zombie, but they are still valuable as they will deter bands of other human survivors from attacking or stealing supplies.
Common points of focus: weapons, shelter, food & water, supplies, transportation, attire, psyche/mental stability, group composition/members.
Reassert your main point
Restate your thesis and summarize your key points.
Leave the reader with a strong last impression
Answer the question, "So what?" The reader has read your argument: why should they care? What does it matter?
1. Write a formal survival guide that documents advice on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. In order for the text to be convincing, the recommendations must be supported with details evidencing the writer's rationale and expertise on zombie habits and tendencies.