On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
There are many sources of information available on the web and in journals relating to the nursing discipline. Therefore, it is of pivotal importance to understand the basic tenets of critical appraisal of research for its use in intraprofessional healthcare practices. The aim of evidence-based practice (EBP) is to employ a three-pronged approach blending the best available research evidence, patient values and preferences, and clinical expertise.
In this task, you will critique two primary research evidence sources. You will select one quantitative and one qualitative peer-reviewed journal article on a healthcare topic of interest.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
The rubric provides detailed criteria for evaluating your submission. You are expected to use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Note: Research evidence must not be more than ten years old.
Note: Be sure to upload a copy of the full text of the articles with your submission.
A. Evaluate a primary quantitative research peer-reviewed journal article (suggested length of 3–5 pages) that has healthcare implications by doing the following:
1. Identify how the researcher addresses the five following areas of the selected journal article, using the attached “Evidence Table”:
• background or introduction
• review of the literature
• discussion of methodology
• data analysis
• researcher’s conclusion
2. Critique whether the evidence presented in each section of the journal article supports the researcher’s conclusion.
Note: The attached “Evidence Table” may be used to address A1. A2-A5 may be addressed on the same page under the table.
Note: Try to think about how the first four sections in the A1 table support the fifth section, the conclusion.
3. Explain the protection of human subjects and cultural considerations of the journal article.
4. Identify strengths and limitations of the study.
5. Describe how the evidence informs nursing practice.C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
PLEASE WORK BASE ON RUBIC WITH COMPETENT SECTION
There are many sources of information available on the web and in journals relating to the nursing discipline. Therefore, it is of pivotal importance to understand the basic tenets of critical appraisal of research for its use in intraprofessional healthcare practices.