On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Prompt : Using your acquired knowledge of noir fiction through your continued reading of The Big Sleep, your assignment is to write your own short story. To earn an A grade on this assignment, you must achieve accurate noir sentence structure, correct usage of vocabulary, descriptive imagery and characters, and most importantly: your own creativity! Since it is a story and not a formal essay, normal paragraph structure is not encouraged; however, there will be a requirement of at least 2000 words (double spaced, 12pt font., etc.) First draft will be due next Friday, February 2nd. The final draft will be due the Friday after that, February 9th.
Remember to consider some of these basic noir elements:
1) The noir protagonist is often an outsider
2) No heroes (usually)
3) Fatalism & nihilism are often characteristics
4) There is almost always a femme (fatale)
5) Characters are often creatures of the night
6) Narrative is usually told in the 1st person
7) There is always some mystery involved
8) The city streets is the literary landscape
9) Violence is an unfortunate truth in noir literature
10) Often, there are no happy endings
11)) Prose is hard-boiled and straight-forward
12) Details are key and purposeful
Prompt : Using your acquired knowledge of noir fiction through your continued reading of The Big Sleep, your assignment is to write your own short story.