On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Researchers in the field of social psychology have shown us that we all view life through a certain lens (perspective). Our lenses are developed from our social interactions with others, engagement with our community, and our personal experiences. Throughout this course you have been introduced to these social phenomena and have offered analysis about set beliefs, stereotypes, attitudes, discrimination, prejudice and more that are often damaging to society and the world at large. You have developed an understanding of how social behaviors are influenced by situations, interpretations, and context. You have examined the role of group dynamics and how the self is constructed. All of which are dominantly presented from the sociocultural, evolutionary, social learning, and social cognitive perspectives. Given your sound understanding of these dynamics, you are charged with writing an 8-10 page paper (not including cover page and references) describing what stereotypical beliefs have existed or still exist for you and/or others in relation to a human diversity group (i.e. ethnic, LGBT?, racial, disabled, little people, deaf community, etc.) different than your own. You are to draw upon the theories of Social Psychology learned in this course and connect those to real world observations. The following areas should be discussed:
1. Identify the human diversity group in question and outline your stereotypical belief. Utilizing the knowledge obtained from this course, analyze how you believe (support your answer by citing your sources) this stereotypical attribute came to be for that human diversity group.
2. Outline a brief history of the human diversity group in question, connecting any historical, political and/or legal struggles to the present day.
3. Explain who or what informed your views.
4. How has your stereotype (and others still holding it) affected society or the world at large?
5. Reflect on what point in your life did you experience (share the experience) something that reinforced this stereotype, such as negative engagement with the particular group in question?
6. Looking back at the course of your life, was there ever a point when these views were disproven? How? How did you react? What other connections to previously unknown knowledge or observations did you have to make to change your views
7. Drawing upon the theories of Social Psychology, analyze how what you have studied in this course has changed your personal engagement with this particular Human Diversity Group?
8. Finally, if you were asked to develop steps that would benefit the community at large in eradicating this stereotypical belief in ourselves and others, what would be the top five change strategies you would utilize and explain why they are important. How would you implement these?
a. This paper is to adhere to strict APA guidelines.
b. Do not copy and paste information found on the internet or from your text, feel free to paraphrase and make certain to cite your sources.
c. This paper will be 8-10 pages long (not including the cover and reference page).
d. Make sure that you integrate what you have learned from this class into this paper. This paper should be a balance between connecting personal experience and obtained knowledge from this course (make sure to cite your sources).
e. Excessive grammatical and punctuation errors will result in a reduction of points.
f. Font Style will be Times New Roman and font size will be the standard 12. Page Margin will be the standard 1 inch and do not double space between paragraphs.
Researchers in the field of social psychology have shown us that we all view life through a certain lens (perspective). Our lenses are developed from our social interactions with others, engagement with our community, and our personal experiences.