On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
The purpose of the Article Reviews is to write a summary and brief analysis of a peer-reviewed, academic article. This assignment will require you to
• Find an academic research article
• Critically read an academic article
• Review/Summarize the article
• Write in APA Style
The Article Summary is comprised of 6 graded components
• The article itself (2 points)
• Application of course concepts (1 point)
• The research question and the reason for the study (2 points)
• The hypothesis/hypotheses (1 points)
• Methods (2 point)
• The findings and how they were interpreted (2 points)
• What you think the findings mean (1 points)
Application of Course Concepts: What is the topic of the article? What course concepts does it address? Are there any specific theories used?
Research Question and Reason for the Study: What were the researchers studying? What was the reason for the study? What was the purpose?
Hypothesis/ Hypotheses: What was the hypothesis/hypotheses? What did they expect to find?
Methods: Who participated? How many people? What was the procedure? What were the methods generally?
Findings and Interpretation: What did the researchers find? What did they make of the findings? What conclusions did they draw?
What you think the findings Mean: What do you think the findings mean? In particular, what do they mean in relation to what we have learned in class? Be sure to use your words and your interpretation. Do not simply restate the authors’ interpretations.
APA Style and Formatting: Follow the below formatting instructions. Further instructions will be given in class. The following formatting is required for both the proposal and paper. Papers that do not meet the requirements will not be graded.
• Title page and Reference Page in APA Style
• White paper/black ink
• Printed single-sided
• STAPLED; article and paper paper-clipped if necessary
• 1” margins
• Times New Roman 12 point font
• Double spaced (with no extra spacing between paragraphs)
• Proper grammar
The purpose of the Article Reviews is to write a summary and brief analysis of a peer-reviewed, academic article.