On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Students will write a paper on an issue or topic of their choice. The research for the paper must contain a minimum of 8 journal articles (I prefer that you use more than 8!). The instructor will approve the topic. Students will submit their bibliography earlier than the paper to ensure students are on track. Students will include the name of the research guide they are using when handing in the bibliography. The paper will be double-spaced, have one-inch margins, a font size of 12, and will contain a minimum of 10 pages of text. Students will submit the paper in the Assignments section. This is a research paper and therefore must be written in a professional manner – avoid using a “conversational tone” while writing. Do not use our textbook. Do not use case studies. Do not use personal stories or hypothetical scenarios.
Students will choose a “research methodology” book to use as a guide for writing the bibliography, citing quotations, and generally organizing the logistics of a research paper. You may use the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association or any other research guide that you prefer.
This paper requires library research using substantive, academic journal articles. You should use the following databases for this paper:
1) ABI-Inform 2) Business Source Premier (Ebsco) 3) Psychlit/Psychinfo and 4) Sociofile.
Once students have completed their papers, students will prepare an in-class presentation on their chosen topic. The idea is that each student’s expertise on a particular area of interest will be shared with the rest of the class.
Please use this format for your paper and number/identify each section.
1. Definition of term. Include formal definition(s) and you may add your own as well. (approx. 1 page)
2. Your perspective (supported by evidence) of why this is an important topic for the field of HR. (approx. 1 page)
3. Current literature’s perspective with positive support for the efficacy of this HR concept. (approx. 3-5 pages)
4. Current literature’s perspective against the efficacy of this HR concept – this can include critiques etc. (approx. 2-3 pages)
5. Choose one study from one article as an example of how this topic is researched. Briefly explain the study, the findings and why you think it’s a good example of how to study this topic. (approx. 2-5 pages)
6. Find one “old” article on this subject and discuss how the perspective on the topic has changed over time. “Old” here can be defined as more than 15 years ago. It may go back to the 1920’s for some topics or 2000 for other topics. (approx. 1-2 pages)
7. Future research. Discuss what the articles indicate is important to study as this topic moves forward. What content areas still need further research? (approx. 1-2 pages)
8. Your own perspective, analysis and general thoughts on the topic and its importance to the field of HR. (approx. 1-3 pages)
Students will write a paper on an issue or topic of their choice. The research for the paper must contain a minimum of 8 journal articles (I prefer that you use more than 8!). The instructor will approve the topic. Students will submit their bibliography earlier than the paper to ensure students are on track.