On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Please read again the plagiarism policy at the top of moodle. Your essay should be entirely in your own words. I grade on your analysis and ability to go beyond the textbook and integrate new material from the assigned articles. How is education, hidden curriculum, and tracking defined in Kimmel, our textbook? How are they applicable to the US and Japan?
Term Paper Requirements:
The essay paper MUST be a minimum of 3 typed pages not counting the Work Cited page. In addition, the term paper must address the following questions: Please use at least 4 references including the tripod reference and the sections indicated (from cultural foundation to hard work) and three other references I have given you. The YouTubes count as one reference.
1) What are the major differences in education between the United States and Japan (these are related to cultural differences (at the elementary and high school levels)? How does education reflect the culture in the two societies? In answering this question make sure you refer to the YouTube series on Japan and the hypertexed articles. For example, education reflects individualism in the United States (tracking of students to not keep others behind, responsibility for choosing courses, lack of close relationship between schools and home, stress on individualism and competition). In contrast Japan is a very group oriented society (faster students in elementary school help slower students, hard work and struggle emphasized, all students wear uniforms, all eat the same food and help to serve one another, etc.).
2) How does the United States compare with Japan in mathematics and science proficiency? In answering this question interpret the results of recent studies at the "International comparison of mathematics and science proficiency." You may use the two articles on Science (particularly on Japan and the US) and on math in Japan. See the table and the articles on science and math posted below.
3) What do you perceive as the advantages and disadvantages of education in the two countries? Please see the article below on moral education in Japan
4) How would you evaluate your own formal education? What system of education would you prefer? Why?
5) Please use MLA style with a "Works Cited" page and complete bibliographical references. MAKE SURE THAT YOU INCLUDE THE SOURCES IN THE BODY OF THE PAPER AND IN THE WORKS CITED.
Include a Work Cited that includes the complete name and URL where you found the information. You should not use quotes, paraphrase please. Quotes show a lazy author, especially for a four page paper
HERE ARE THE REFRENCES THAT ARE PROVIDED TO BE USED:
Please read again the plagiarism policy at the top of moodle. Your essay should be entirely in your own words. I grade on your analysis and ability to go beyond the textbook and integrate new material from the assigned articles.