On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Effective kinesiology professionals must understand, appreciate, and address individual differences. Individual differences may include special needs such as intellectual disabilities (e.g., Down syndrome), pervasive developmental disorders (e.g., Autism), specific learning disabilities, mental health disorders (e.g., ADHD), physically disabling conditions (cerebral palsy), communicative disorders and visual impairments. This assignment is designed to help you develop a knowledge base about a specific disability. More specifically, you will need to define, and identify the incidence, causes, and characteristics of a disability. In addition, you will need to research the implications of this disability for participation in physical activity settings. You will also be required to make an oral presentation of your final paper in class. Appropriate professional attire is expected on the day of your presentation.
The paper must contain the following sections below. You may use these sections as headings for your paper.
Define the disability
Use at least 2 different reliable references to define the disability (each definition should be 2-3 sentences).
2) Incidence of the disability
· What is the incidence of the disability? Identify the incidence of the disability.
3) Causes of the disability
· What is(are) the possible cause(s) of the disability?
4) Characteristics and types
What are the physical, cognitive, motor and social characteristics of the selected disability?
If applicable, identify and describe the different types of the disability (e.g., Anxiety; generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder)
· Which assessment methods have proven helpful in assessing individuals with the selected disability?
6) Activity Selection
· What are important considerations that should be taken when selecting activities for this individual?
7) Instructional techniques or approaches
· What instructional techniques are beneficial to use when working with an individual with the selected disability in a physical education or physical activity setting?
8) Managing Behavior
· What behavior management techniques are useful when working with individuals with the selected disability?
· If you believe that adaptations for managing behavior are not needed, please indicate.
Format of paper: Paper should not exceed six pages without cover and reference page. Please use Times New Roman or Courier New 12 size font, double spaced, and set margins at 1 inch. A cover page is expected. Unless otherwise indicated, you must write in paragraph form. You must follow APA format when writing the assignment. Consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) when writing your paper for proper formatting. Make sure you properly cite all references utilized in the paper.
Effective kinesiology professionals must understand, appreciate, and address individual differences. Individual differences may include special needs such as intellectual disabilities (e.g., Down syndrome), pervasive developmental disorders (e.g., Autism), specific learning disabilities, mental health disorders (e.g.