On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
-Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption? This is an argumentative/positional paper. After reviewing evidence on both sides, take a side, yes or no. This is not an opinion paper, it is a paper on which side you are on and supporting 3rd party evidence. : 2000 points (1000 for paper and 1000 for a minimum of 5 replies) no discussion board no pass!!!
Discussion board assignments must be submitted to turnitin.com as well as blackboard discussion area, only the paper to turnitin.com not the replies. Refer to syllabus and left side menu for course ID and use Blanchard as the password. Due dates: Paper June 1st by 11:59p. Replies: June 9th by 11:59pm.
This discussion board assignment is worth 2000 points. The discussion board assignment takes the place of a written assignment therefore the following MLA rules must be observed;
1. 100 points: Cover page – MLA format http://academictips.org/mla-format/mla-format-cover-page/
2. 500 points: Document – minimum 3 pages, 10 paragraphs: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/, Example match citation to works cited page.png , Sample citations.docx , hacker-daly-mla.pdf
1st paragraphs are the thesis paragraphs with clear thesis statement which answers the question "Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption?", 2nd-12th paragraphs will describe evidence supporting the thesis statement, 12th-18th paragraphs describes opposing view and REFUTES this claim with evidence, 19-20th paragraphs are the conclusion which restates thesis and summarizes evidence given in support of the thesis. No new evidence should be given in the conclusion. The structure of the argumentative essay is held together by the following.docx
3. 400 points: Works Cited page (6 acceptable sources in MLA format and alphabetized by author's last name). No wikis, dictionaries, encyclopedia, Ehow, etc. All sources MUST be cited in the paper. DO NOT USE URLS for citations. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/05/, Example: http://dianahacker.com/pdfs/hacker-daly-mla-wc.pdf
4. 1000 points: Replies (reply to a of minimum 5 other students - 200 points each). Do not attach a reply but write out replies in the text box (copy and paste ok). Address each student by first and last name. Reader should be able to tell exactly what the subject matter and discussion is by reading your reply only. That means replies must be complete and thorough. Capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure will be graded. Use spell and grammar check, write your replies just like your paper. Minimum reply should be approximately 300 words with citations and works cited list. DO NOT EVALUATE OTHER STUDENTS instead DISCUSS THE SUBJECT MATTER. Prove to me that you have a command of the subject. http://www.educationcoffeehouse.com/writers/high_quality_discussion_posts.html
* In text or embedded citations MUST BE USED. Example; Marys' lamb was little and had white wool (Mother Goose). In addition, they must match the works cited page (use authors last name in citation that matches with WC. If there is no author use Title, date, etc in the works cited. and then use title as the embedded reference. DO NOT USE URLS as your citations. Example: http://intouea.com/learn/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/endnote_text.png
* Page numbers on document only
* Paper should be written in 3rd person, formal and no opinion or personal stories
* All sources listed on the WC page must be cited in the paper (minimum 6 sources)
* Spell and grammar check the entire paper.
* You should write your papers and then attach to the thread. Save your papers in word format or rich text format ONLY!!! No PDF, ODT or .pages... You must upload your papers to turnitin.com and blackboard (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE).
WARNING: Any sentence taken from another
-Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption? This is an argumentative/positional paper. After reviewing evidence on both sides, take a side, yes or no. This is not an opinion paper, it is a paper on which side you are on and supporting 3rd party evidence.