On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
“Guatemala/Mexico: Coffee Country Can fair trade save the farm?
For this discussion, you will need to click on the following link http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/guatemala.mexico/ and watch the following Frontline Video on Guatemala/Mexico: Coffee Country
Can fair trade save the farm?
Before you watch the video read the following questions and try to think about them as you watch the video:
• What are the similarities between the concepts of fair trade and free trade? What are the differences?
• Does fair trade have to be limited to high-quality coffee beans? Why or why not?
• Why don’t the coffee farmers drink coffee? Why is there no domestic market for coffee in Guatemala and only one Starbucks in Mexico (at the time of the video)?
• If coffee growers are getting so little money for their product, what explains the cost of a $5 coffee drink from a coffee stand? What other expenses are involved in the product chain?
• What are the ethical questions that emerge from the globalization of production? Is the consumer of a cup of coffee complicit in the type of lifestyle the producer can afford?
• How is the collapse of wholesale coffee prices in Central America affected migration patterns within the Americas? Only one reference
For this discussion, you will need to click on the following link http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/guatemala.