On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
Edward Burtynsky’s works are included in the collections of over fifty major museums around the world, including the National Gallery of Canada, the Bibliotèque Nationale in Paris, the Museum of Modern Art and the Guggenheim Museum in New York, the Reina Sofia Museum, Madrid, and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in California. Burtynsky travels the world observing changes in landscapes due to industrial work and manufacturing. http://www.edwardburtynsky.com If you are able to rent/view "Manufactured Landscapes" his collaboration with Jennifer Baichwal. I highly recommend it, suggested and not required. Additiional enrichment: "Watermark", available on Netflix.
Begin by viewing this, Media (edwardburtynsky.com) ABOUT->MEDIA
1. Burtynsky 2005 Ted Prize 35:10
2. CBC Online Extra Hour Edward Burtynsky Creates an Image 2:9
3. CBC The National Edward Burtynsky On an Epic Scale 9:47
4. Manufactured Landscapes Trailer 2:02
5. The Creators Project. Making of Watermark An Immersive Look at Water 7:10
Then view short videos at this website: big think (full interview) http://bigthink.com/edwardburtynsky
Instructions: Write at least one well-written paragraph per question. Please complete this discussion by the due date found in your syllabus.
1. What are your thoughts on Burtynsky's work? ( How did the work make you feel? What was an immediate response to the work? ) 200 words or more
2. Discuss one of Burtynsky's projects ( Galleries on the webpage are Projects ) that made an impression, using the language of art learned in chapters 1-5. Point to at least one artwork by title, as an example. Explain how 2 art elements and 2 principles are used/or seen by describing its appearance in the photo. Discuss the art work in the Gallery and it's relevance, power, successfulness, etc.. ( ex: Breaking Ground, Quarries, Urban Mines, Ships, Oil, Three Gorges, China ) 200 words or more.
3. Discuss at least two artworks by title from two different galleries. As you view his images and their content, analyze the photographs for use of elements and principles? Explain how two art elements and two design principles is/are used or seen by describing its appearance in the two art examples. Demonstrate your understanding of the use of Art elements and Design principles used in Chapter 4 and 5. 200 words or more
Edward Burtynsky’s works are included in the collections of over fifty major museums around the world, including the National Gallery of Canada, the Bibliotèque Nationale in Paris, the Museum of Modern Art and the Guggenheim Museum in New York, the Reina Sofia Museum, Madrid, and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in California.