On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your assignment
This assignment consists of a critical review of a film(wizard of oz), including analyzing a central issue/theme/moral and discussing the rhetorical considerations that went into making the movie. The goal of the assignment is for you to write a critical review and rhetorical analysis of a film; therefore, your movie should be one that has a powerful message, regardless of the genre and delivery format and to do so using proper APA style formatting.
A list of films follows this assignment. These films all, underneath the surface, center around serious issues and deliver a powerful message overall. These movies were chosen as suggestions based on their content and message. Please select a film from this list. If you would like to propose another film not on this list, you must receive approval from me for that film well ahead of time.
The first part of the analysis should take no more than one-fourth (1-1 ½ pages) the length of your paper. Included in this section are:
• What is the name of the film, who are the main actors, what is the year of release and who is the director?
• Discuss the setting of the film.
• What issue(s) was presented?
• Give a brief summary of the film’s content.
• Would you recommend this film to others? To whom and why? If not, why not?
The second part should provide a thoughtful analysis of the film relative to your understanding of the issue presented in the movie. Use the questions below as a guide in writing your critical analysis.
• Discuss the rhetorical considerations that went into the movie (audience, purpose, subject, content, context, genre, tone)
• How did the film provide you with new insights or knowledge of the issue discussed?
• Could you relate through your own experiences with this issue? If so, how?
• Which character(s) could you relate with and why? Which could you not relate to and why not?
• What contribution does this film make to the issue presented?
• What did you learn from viewing this film?
• Your review must be 3 ½ -5 pages in length
• Follow proper APA format, including for in-text citations and on the References page
• You must cite the movie and include at least two additional sources to support your writing (I recommend you use the WCC databases to find reviews and/or scholarly commentary on your particular movie)
Remember this is an academic essay, not a plot summary or a simple movie review. You are tasked with critically analyzing a film and its overall meaning. Your essay will be evaluated accordingly, based on how well you:
• Establish relevant background information and provide insight into the film’s overall meaning
• State your thesis and provide evidence to support your thesis
• Discuss the issue presented in the movie and evaluate its relevance in the film’s plot
• Analyze the rhetorical considerations
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the film’s message (success/failure)
This assignment consists of a critical review of a film(wizard of oz), including analyzing a central issue/theme/moral and discussing the rhetorical considerations that went into making the movie.