The concept of the political system is one of the most extensive categorical concepts in political science, giving a description of the system of political phenomena and processes in their close relationship and interaction with the environment. This concept allows you, on the one hand, identify the political life of the rest of society, and on the other - to bring together the main elements of the political life of society.
Political system – it is a universal control system of society, the components of which are connected and political relations which ultimately governs the relationship between social groups, ensures the stability of society and a certain social order based on the use of political power.
Analysis of the functioning of the political system involves characterization of its internal structure. The political system appears as a holistic education in the unity of its parts. At the same time it is made relatively independent subsystems.
In the structure of the political system, as a rule, there are the following interacting subsystems:
• Institutional subsystem consists of political institutions, each of which can be seen as a standalone system. A special role there belongs to the state as the main subject of politics and power.
• Regulatory subsystem regulates social relationships, the formation and operation of political institutions and the functioning of the political system and society in general.
• Functional subsystem defined forms of political activity, ways of exercising power, the prevalence among them of violent or non-violent methods of management.
• Communicative subsystem is a set of relations arising in the process of functioning of the political system, and includes a variety of forms and principles of cooperation.
• Cultural and ideological subsystem is the subsystem that includes political concepts, theories, views and plays a significant role in determining the political objectives and ways to achieve them.
The political system is designed to perform the following tasks:
• the political leadership of society;
• coordination of the interests of individuals and groups, the prevention of conflicts that threaten the integrity of the social system;
• orientation of the members of the society known to the ideals and values;
• the perception of and response to the flow of information
The main purpose of the political system – it is the leadership and management of public affairs.
The concept of the political system is one of the most extensive categorical concepts in political science, giving a description of the system of political phenomena and processes in their close relationship and interaction with the environment.