How can I earn money with StudyBay? Top writers
Order Assignment
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates! Check price for your assignment
8 bids submitted. Essay Example.

A Brief Review on the Population of Norway

Norway is one of the European countries, which is situated in the northwestern part of the Scandinavian Peninsula. This is not very large country with a land area of 324, 220 square kilometers. It is connected with the North and the Norwegian seas. The name “Norway” means “northern way”. It came from the seas that wash the country.

It is estimated that in 2016, the population of Norway is about 5 296 900 people. It is interesting that Norway has the lowest density of people in continental Europe, which is 11 human beings per square kilometer. The reason for such situation is a quite far north location and mountain landscape. Due to these reasons, people are distributed very unevenly across the country. For example, over a half of all citizens live in and around Oslo, the capital of Norway. Eastern and south parts of the country contain the most people, while the most northern parts the less. In contrast to Oslo population, the Finnmark has only about 75,207 people.

The growth of population in Norway is quite slow, 1.07%. Yet, its life expectancy is one of the highest in the world. The average life expectancy of Norway’s people is 81.8 years, which is 83.9 for women and 79.8 for men. Because of such situation the median age there is 39,1 years. At least 74% of citizens live in cities and towns and only a quarter of people live in countries about 10 kilometers of the sea.

Since the late twenty century, Norway became very attractive for immigrants. People have arrived from southern and central Europe, Asia, the Mideast and Africa. Yet, the research done in 2012 showed that 86% of the population has at least one parent Norwegian. The other 14%, which is about 710 000 people, are immigrants and their children. These 710 000 immigrants consist of 39% or 323 000 people from Australia, North America and Europe and 61% or 505 000 people, who don’t have a Western background. Looking at the numbers, it is easy to notice that percentage of immigrants is quite low. This country is well known for its hospitable people and its amazing tourism spots. People all over the world prefer to visit Norway to see picturesque coastlines and gorgeous mountains. It is a great place to visit for those, who are in love with winter sport because Norway was a host of winter Olympic Games and other major sport events.

Norway is one of the European countries, which is situated in the northwestern part of the Scandinavian Peninsula. This is not very large country with a land area of 324, 220 square kilometers. It is connected with the North and the Norwegian seas. The name “Norway” means “northern way”. It came from the seas that wash the country.

Related Materials
Assignment ID
100002353
Discipline
Type
CREATED ON
October 19, 2016
COMPLETED ON
October 20, 2016
Price
$5
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your Essay
Essay Example Comments
johnnyjarias84
December 2, 2016
johnnyjarias84
Seriously a life saver !!
Nuela20
December 2, 2016
Nuela20
awesome!
a.o.barayan93
December 1, 2016
a.o.barayan93
she is the best I worked with her twice and i will chose her next time