How can I earn money with StudyBay? Top writers
Order Assignment
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates! Check price for your assignment
14 bids submitted. Essay Example.

America Up In Smoke

Addiction to tobacco is one of the most crucial and urgent problems in the U.S. Among tobacco smokers are the people of different age, social class and income. Year by year the number of smokers is increasing. Smoke is everywhere: in the corner of the street, in restaurants, at colleges, in the green zones, in the slums and penthouses, in the offices and shopping centres. America is up in smoke.

We must admit that decades-long anti-tobacco campaigns have failed and got lost in the foggy cigarette smoke. It is no use to say about the harm of smoking as it is high time to fight this horrible habit. People smoke for various reasons. However, the major ones are social problems and broad-scale media promotion.

Why not smoke if Hollywood actors and actresses appear on the screen with a cigarette in the hand. Despite the tobacco ads are limited, their number is still too big not to miss the image of a content smoker in the luxurious lounge or first-class car. Today it is a rare thing when a teenager is given a slap on the wrist if he is caught smoking. There are fewer people who will reprove your smoking. It is so because the most people who surround you are smokers. According to statistics, 30 percent of Americans are heavy smokers. 72 percent are represented by smokers under 25. They are the generation that has received a plenty of warnings about the harm of smoking, however, it did not prevent that from the habit of smoking every other hour. The rest 28 percent have been less informed about the dangerous impact of tobacco on human health.

Neither acres of money on anti-smoking advertisements nor banning could prevent the younger generation from smoking. What is the root of this enteral problem? First, the ban on smoking in public places did not work as business owners invented the way to get around the law. They designated smoking spots for their customers and both sides remained satisfied. Another promoter of smoking is the media. Almost every movie has a smoking hero and every channel broadcasts the ads of a tobacco company. However, the experts largely agree that the major reason is social problems. Stress, unemployment, lack of care, family discords, violence and other factors drive people to smoke.

We still have no powerful methods to decrease the number of smokers in the U.S. To my mind, there should appear a completely different innovative way to stop people from smoking.

Addiction to tobacco is one of the most crucial and urgent problems in the U.S. Among tobacco smokers are the people of different age, social class and income. Year by year the number of smokers is increasing. Smoke is everywhere: in the corner of the street, in restaurants, at colleges, in the green zones, in the slums and penthouses, in the offices and shopping centres.

Related Materials
Assignment ID
100002237
Discipline
Type
CREATED ON
October 17, 2016
COMPLETED ON
October 18, 2016
Price
$43
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your Essay
Essay Example Comments
Christ25
December 3, 2016
Christ25
5/5 Excellent work!!
Christ25
December 1, 2016
Christ25
Thank you so much! You helped me lot :) 5/5
katewhite65
November 20, 2016
katewhite65
PHDWhite did a spectacular job on my paper. He followed my instructions exactly, met my short deadline, and did a very professional job. I had one edit that was also returned very quickly.