How can I earn money with StudyBay? Top writers
Order Assignment
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates! Check price for your assignment
16 bids submitted. Essay Example.

Islamic Laws Govern the Way of Life in Turks

In up-to-date Turkey, Islam is moderate and perfectly adapted to modern life. A great number of Turks appreciate the moral as well as spiritual bases of Islam, and consider this stuff to be a guide to right livingand ethical conduct.

Many experts specializing in Middle East agree that Turkish Muslims appear to be the most tolerant and moderate of all other Muslims. Moreover, as visitors, non-Muslims are welcome in all Turkish mosques. A great number of Turkish Muslims are horrified at Islamic terrorist attacks and also condemn the perpetrators as un-Islamic fanatics.

Islam in Turkey

When talking about subdivisions of Islam in Turkey, most citizens of this Middle East country are Sunni Muslims. However, Shiite as well as Alaouite minorities are present too. Approximately, 20% of Turkish Muslims look upon themselves as Muslims first and only citizens of Turkey second, while the other 80% see themselves as Turkish citizens first, and count religion as second.

Sultan-Caliph

During the Ottoman centuries, Istanbul had a reputation of the center of the Islamic world. The Ottoman sultan, its ruler was widely acknowledged as the Caliph, a spiritual leader of Islam.

The Ottomans as well as their precursors, the Seljuk Turks, made considerable contributions to Islamic theology and life. A great number of sufi orders were born exactly in Turkish lands, including the Mevlevi order founded in Konya and inspired by Mevlana Jelaleddin Rumi during the 1200s.

Rule of religious law

The Ottoman Empire was considered to be a pure theocracy. The law of the land for Muslims was dubbed shari'a. It was the sacred law of the Kur'an-i Kerim or simply Holy Koran. Christian as well as Jewish minorities were governed by their own laws, built around on their own Scriptures, and subject to the ultimate rule of the sultan.

The religious law had a considerable impact on governments, in many countries until the 18th century. For instance, when in 1620, the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, their governing law was built around their religious beliefs.

Secular republic

By the early 20th century, Kemal Atatürk, father of the Turkish Republic, had already realized that religious government was hindering Turkey's commercial, social as well as diplomatic progress. The republic founded by him was staunchly secular, including the distinct separation of government as well as religion as one of its key tenets. In accordance with the constitution, the Turkish armed forces are charged with preserving secularism and democracy.

In up-to-date Turkey, Islam is moderate and perfectly adapted to modern life. A great number of Turks appreciate the moral as well as spiritual bases of Islam, and consider this stuff to be a guide to right livingand ethical conduct.

Many experts specializing in Middle East agree that Turkish Muslims appear to be the most tolerant and moderate of all other Muslims.

Related Materials
Assignment ID
100001662
Discipline
Type
CREATED ON
September 23, 2016
COMPLETED ON
September 24, 2016
Price
$29
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your Essay
Essay Example Comments
judy.washington4646
October 29, 2016
judy.washington4646
great job
CandiceM
October 26, 2016
CandiceM
Great Job! Will order again. Thanks!
judy.washington4646
October 24, 2016
judy.washington4646
great job