How can I earn money with StudyBay? Top writers
Order Assignment
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates! Check price for your assignment
18 bids submitted. Essay Example.

ROTC Scholarship Essay

Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) is system of training of officers based in colleges for the US Armed Forces. Officers prepared in such a way serve in all branches of the Armed Forces. In 2010, this system prepared 38.5% of young officers of the US Army, 1.8% of Marines, 16.7% of the Navy, 38.1% of the Air Force, a total of 30% of officers of Department of defense.

Students are trained based on competition and individual merit. In addition to regular tuition they receive basic military training, regular meetings, and training of advanced flight. Upon completion of training, the top 25% of graduates have the opportunity to continue to serve as an officer. The remaining 75% continue to serve in the reserve. Usually 3-5 best graduates have an opportunity to select a specialty and duty station. Training on specialty happens at the end of a program during Basic Officer Leader Course, which lasts from 3 to 7 months, depending on the specialty. Division of the ROTC includes brigades, battalions and companies.

Graduates of the ROTC are required to serve 8 years, of which 3 years are on active duty. In the case of the Navy, this figure is 5 years (4 years for the Marine Corps). For Aviation is 4 years (6 years for combat systems officers, 10 years for pilots).

Many students who want to enter the ROTC are supposed to write ROTC scholarship essay in order to get a scholarship for their studies. In the essay, students need to explain why they want to enroll to ROTC, showing their best qualities.

One of the examples of ROTC scholarship essay is presented below:

I want to enroll in the Army ROTC program to get an opportunity to serve my country and get the knowledge. By being a part of the ROTC program in college I will have a chance to acquire experience through classes and training that will have a direct effect on my future. I believe that the ROTC program can give me opportunities that I wouldn’t otherwise have. Through the program I hope to develop my leadership skills, which will be very important in fulfilling my duty as an Army officer. I’ve faced difficult challenges in my life and I proved to deal with them in the right way. I always look for challenges in my life in order to feel a sense of pride and joy in overcoming them. Being in the Army ROTC program is a challenge from the beginning until graduation. For me these challenges will serve as positive opportunities that will help me become a successful Army officer. I think it is my duty to serve my country as an officer in the Army and give to it all the privileges I have been able to have. After I serve time as an Officer, leadership skills and training I will get will give me great opportunities in life.

Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) is system of training of officers based in colleges for the US Armed Forces. Officers prepared in such a way serve in all branches of the Armed Forces. In 2010, this system prepared 38.5% of young officers of the US Army, 1.8% of Marines, 16.7% of the Navy, 38.1% of the Air Force, a total of 30% of officers of Department of defense.

Related Materials
Assignment ID
100001289
Discipline
Type
CREATED ON
August 28, 2016
COMPLETED ON
August 29, 2016
Price
$16
This order has already been completed on Studybay
On Studybay you can order your academic assignment from one of our 45000 professional writers. Hire your writer directly, without overpaying for agencies and affiliates!
Check price for your Essay
Essay Example Comments
sungwonss96
December 9, 2016
sungwonss96
Good
tejadajessica328
December 7, 2016
tejadajessica328
Great writer. Thorough and precise. Job well done.
malqhtan87
December 5, 2016
malqhtan87
the best so far