If you are reading it you are definitely not one of the reckless housewives who can deal with their household chores all day long. You can’t afford to polish furniture every other day, scrape greasy pans for hours or clean the mess after the family. You are not used to cooking a lot or making gourmet dishes because you are a busy career person. You just don’t give a foot about how to keep your house. Can’t hire a domestic servant but want your dwelling to look orderly and clean? These household tips are for you. Read forward for sage advice to make your sweet home in apple-pie order. Wait, some of them can also help save money!
This section is about cleaning and more.
• Metal or brass handles and accessories will keep bright if you wax them right after polishing.
• Darkened gilt furniture parts will look like new after wiped with the egg white.
• There is no need in buying dryer sheets for windows. Use crumpled newspaper or tissues instead.
• If you’ve got white spots on furniture, do not throw it away. Peppermint or camphorated oil will remove them pretty well.
• Make the enameled bathtub or wash basin free from yellow stains with the mixture of salt and turpentine.
• Extra tip: Make sure to wear rubber gloves while washing with chemicals.
How to get rid of various spots from clothes easily.
• A greasy spot will disappear if you leave some cornstarch on it for a few minutes and then wash the item again.
• Do the ink marks on clothes drive you mad? Pour medical alcohol onto the spot and wipe it away with a soft cloth or rub the ink stain with milk.
• To wash wine stained garments, spill some baking soda on the spot then rinse it with fresh boiling water or hold the spoilt fabric over the steaming water. Fresh wine stains are removed with salt.
• Don’t cry over the spilt tea anymore. Heavily sugar-dissolved water will take it away. Then launder the thing as usual.
• Are you fond of outdoor games or sitting on the grass in the nearby green area? You need to know how to cope with grass stains. The easy way is to brush them out with toothpaste. Repeat till they disappear.
• Stir the cake clockwise or do not change the direction chosen. It will make it lighter.
• Use recommended oven cooking temperatures to cook meat, fish, pastry, vegetables. Do not experiment with changing temperatures. Somebody has done it for you and provided proper regulations. Otherwise, you are going to spoil the dish.
Use these simple recommendations not to turn minor troubles into big ones.
If you are reading it you are definitely not one of the reckless housewives who can deal with their household chores all day long. You can’t afford to polish furniture every other day, scrape greasy pans for hours or clean the mess after the family. You are not used to cooking a lot or making gourmet dishes because you are a busy career person.