Much has been said by psychologists about the education of children, growing only in the family, and children who have brother or sister. Contrary to popular stereotype, the first of them are not always spoiled and selfish. Often they are people who are self-confident, able to achieve a lot in life and easily make contact with strangers. At the same time, children who have brothers or sisters quite often exhibit a lesser degree of development of talents and abilities and a strong dependence on the family. However, we would hardly find at least one person who knows what the brother’s love is and wants to be the only child in his family.
According to experts, the presence of siblings gives us the following:
1) Personality. It is scientifically proven that the brothers and sisters can affect the character and demeanor of each other in some degree, as tend to be different and express their individuality. For example, if one child is successful in the sport, the latter can be carried away by the music or science. Or if one brother is withdrawn and taciturn, the other (trying to self-identify) can be more communicative and socialization.
2) Brothers and sisters play an important role in a child's learning. After all, they taught him how to communicate with peers, use the models of social interaction, and respond to certain situations.
3) According to experts again, siblings play an important role in the formation of gustatory habits of each other. It is proved that in a family where one child is obese (especially if it is older), the risk of having such problems with a second child increases several times.
4) People who grew up in large families often are more successful in their own family life. Long-term fellowship with brothers and sisters, settlement of numerous conflicts and mutual understanding with each other teach them to build relationships with their spouses and their own children more harmoniously.
5) Warmth and support - the main reason why everyone loves the brothers and sisters. Despite all differences and quarrels, brothers and sisters support each other in difficult situations and help to cope with problems. Of course, this is the role of parents, but brother’s and sister’s support in a difficult life situation will never be superfluous.
Brother’s love is a great gift that should be valued and respected. Most people reach an understanding of this simple truth, even though it is preceded by numerous skirmishes, fights and quarrels during their adulthood.
Much has been said by psychologists about the education of children, growing only in the family, and children who have brother or sister. Contrary to popular stereotype, the first of them are not always spoiled and selfish. Often they are people who are self-confident, able to achieve a lot in life and easily make contact with strangers.