Get help with any kind of project - from a high school essay to a PhD dissertation
|Subject area||Arts Entertainment|
Goal: The purpose of this lab was to be able to aseptically transfer websites into a test tube, transfer Serratia marcescens cells from a broth culture, maneuver S.m. cells from a slant, understand development patterns of Micrococcus luteus, Bacillus subtilis and Mycobacterium smegmatis in broth and agar slants and rely on colonies of Escherichia coli on plates and by that determine the amount of cells present within every plate. Materials and Techniques: Please refer to handout. 3.0mL of liquid media has been placed at the three sterile test tubes, two that comprised S.m. and the management. These test tubes were observed following 24 hours, but weren't observed again until 5 days (120 hours) after being put in the incubators due to inclement weather. Additionally, before placing the E. coli cells onto the plates the plates have been placed in the cabinet incubator in 25В°C to 15 minutes to dry the plates out. To find the serial dilution for E. coli using just 1000Вµl I began with 10Вµl of both E. coli along with 990Вµl of deionized water that was a 1:100 dilution, to make a 1:10,000 dilution I took 10Вµl of this 1:100 solution and 990Вµl of water. To make the 1:100,000 dilution I added 100Вµl of this 1:10,000 alternative to 900Вµl of water. To make the 1:1,000,000 dilution I added 100Вµl of the 1:100,000 solution and 900Вµl of water. To determine the amount of cells the 1:10,000 dilution after 24 hours that I required 344 x 10,000 x 10 = 34400000. To determine the number of cells in the 1:10,000 dilution after 5 days I required 463 x 100,000 x 10 = 46300000. To determine the amount of cells in the 1:100,000 dilution after 24 hours that I took 7 x 100000 x 10 = 7000000 and also for the dilution after 5 days I required 6 x 100000 x 10 = 6000000. Observations: After 24 hours in the vibration incuba...