Urdu. (Source: lexico.com)
Definitions of Zamindari
- (in British India) the system of landholding and tax collection by zamindars.
- (in British India) the office or territory held or administered by a zamindar.
- (in Mogul India) the system of collecting farm revenue, a fixed sum based on the assigned district.
- (in India) a large agricultural estate
- The system under which zamindars held land.
- : the system of landholding and revenue collection by zamindars
- : the land held or administered by a zamindar
Example sentences for Zamindari
- The total area of the zamindari estates is about 26 million acres, more than one-fourth of the whole presidency.
- In the other provinces variations of the zamindari and ryotwari systems are found.
- Besides these lands in the hands of the government, there are also proprietary or zamindari estates in all parts of the country.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project