Definitions of Zamboanga
- a seaport on SW Mindanao, in the S Philippines.
- a port in the Philippines, on SW Mindanao on Basilan Strait: founded by the Spanish in 1635; tourist centre, with fisheries. Pop: 716 000 (2005 est)
- A port on the west coast of Mindanao, in the southern Philippines; population 774,400 (est. 2007).
- city and port on a strait that connects Moro Gulf with the Sulu Sea on the southwest coast of Mindanao, Philippines population 442,000
Example sentences for Zamboanga
- Then followed a month of cable repairing, which took us again to Zamboanga, Iligan, and Cagayan.
- This year saw considerable sickness in the garrison of Jolo; a large number of patients were removed to Zamboanga and 318 to Cebu.
- An expedition set sail, with the sultan on board, and went as far as Zamboanga, but accomplished nothing.
- Troops located at Zamboanga could be sent to any place in the department more quickly than from any other point.
- Sibugay is the name of the large bay east of the Zamboanga peninsula.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project