Definitions of Zachariah
- the father of John the Baptist. Luke 1:5.
- a man referred to as a martyr by Jesus. Matt. 23:35; Luke 11:51.
- a male given name: from a Hebrew word meaning “God is renowned.”
Example sentences for Zachariah
- Zachariah was a high-dollar fundraiser for George W. Bush and was cleared last year of federal insider-trading charges.
- Meanwhile Zachariah pursued his way north-westward unchallenged, and at last came to a roadside inn, which he thought looked safe.
- Zachariah raised his eyes; he thought he detected, he was sure he detected, in the tone of this sentence a distinct sneer.
- An angel of inferior rank gives an account to Michael, in the book of Zachariah, of the state in which he had found the country.
- Zachariah felt that he could safely trust him, and told him what had happened.
- Zachariah called for a pint of beer and some bread and cheese, and asked if he could have a bed.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project