Definitions of Zacatecas
- a state in central Mexico. 28,125 sq. mi. (72,845 sq. km).
- the capital of this state.
- a state of N central Mexico, on the central plateau: rich mineral resources. Capital: Zacatecas. Pop: 1 351 207 (2000). Area: 75 040 sq km (28 973 sq miles)
- a city in N central Mexico, capital of Zacatecas state: silver mines. Pop: 241 000 (2005 est)
- A state of north central Mexico.
- state of north central Mexico area 28,973 square miles (75,040 square kilometers), population 1,490,668
- city and capital of the state of Zacatecas population 138,176
Example sentences for Zacatecas
- There was formerly great rivalry between the states of Guanajuato and Zacatecas on the ground of their mining successes.
- Zacatecas has its plaza; all Spanish and Mexican towns have one.
- In metals of five to six marcs and a half per monton (of the average richness of Zacatecas), 16 lbs.
- Fresnillo is the most flourishing of the mines of Zacatecas.
- "It is in the heart of the Sierra Madre range, one hundred and twenty-five miles west of Zacatecas," said the dying man.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project