1895–1900; < Italian, variant of zabaione, perhaps < Late Latin sabai(a) an Illyrian drink + Italian -one augmentative suffix (Source: dictionary.com)
Italian. (Source: lexico.com)
Definitions of Zabaglione
- a foamy, custardlike mixture of egg yolks, sugar, and Marsala wine, usually served hot or chilled as a dessert.
- a light foamy dessert made of egg yolks, sugar, and marsala, whipped together and served warm in a glass
- An Italian sweet made of whipped and heated egg yolks, sugar, and Marsala wine, served hot or cold.
- : a whipped dessert or topping consisting of a mixture of egg yolks, sugar, and usually Marsala wine
Example sentences for Zabaglione
- The very melodies of Verdi and Rossini are inextricably twined in our minds around memories of ravioli and zabaglione.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project