First recorded in 1875–80; yard1 + -age (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Yardage
- measurement, or the amount measured in yards; length or extent in yards.
- the use of a yard or enclosure, as in loading or unloading cattle or other livestock at a railroad station.
- the charge for such use.
- a length measured in yards
- the use of a railway yard in the transportation of cattle
- the charge for this
- A distance or length measured in yards.
- The use of a yard for storage or the keeping of animals, or payment for such use.
- : the use of a livestock enclosure for animals in transit provided by a railroad at a station
- : a charge made by a railroad for the use of a livestock enclosure
- : an aggregate number of yards
- : the length, extent, or volume of something as measured in yards
- : yard goods
Example sentences for Yardage
- This cost is for the yardage of 60.4 on which forms were actually used.
- Though if you're hunting for a job you might verify the yardage report I left on your desk.
- Generally the size of the pit is roughly measured, and the yardage figured from this measurement.
- Both teams resorted to punting and the Lions gained some yardage.
- "I don't know a yardage record from a bushel basket," she sighed.
yard of ale
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project