An Americanism dating back to 1780–90; Yankee + land (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Yankeeland
- Chiefly Southern U.S. the northern states of the U.S.
- Chiefly British. the U.S.
- Chiefly Northern U.S. New England.
- : the region inhabited by Yankees youth of twenty years … with an air about him suspiciously redolent of Yankeeland — Encore
Example sentences for Yankeeland
- In Yankeeland, while here with us the case is just the opposite.
- The Spurgeon of Yankeeland goes on to speak about the "internal evidence" of the Bible.
- This looked very shiftless, especially in a country abounding in water-power, and reminded me that I was no longer in Yankeeland.
- Have I come to the most delicious corner of the ancient world to hear the praise of Yankeeland?
- Over a bottle of whiskey, which was made in Yankeeland, we spent our first night in Australia.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project