Definitions of Yakutsk
- the capital of the Yakut Autonomous Republic in the NE Russian Federation in Asia, on the Lena River.
- an autonomous republic in the NE Russian Federation in Asia. 1,198,146 sq. mi. (3,103,200 sq. km). Capital: Yakutsk.
- a port in E Russia, capital of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia), on the Lena River. Pop: 214 000 (2005 est)
- A city in eastern Russia, on the Lena River, capital of the republic of Yakutia; population 255,800 (est. 2008).
- city of east central Russia in Asia on the Lena River population 269,500
Example sentences for Yakutsk
- The severest cold afterwards experienced south of Yakutsk was 51° below zero, and that only upon one occasion.
- Every year from three to six "politicals" arrive in each of the settlements north of Yakutsk.
- According to his statement Menka had travelled with the letters to Yakutsk.
- A double sloop was built at Yakutsk for the voyage of Lassinius.
- I had hoped to procure furs for a moderate price in Yakutsk.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project