1960–65; < Japanese, equivalent to yaki broil + tori fowl (Source: dictionary.com)
Japanese, from yaki ‘grilling, frying’ + tori ‘bird’. (Source: lexico.com)
Definitions of Yakitori
- a dish of small pieces of boneless chicken, usually marinated, skewered, and grilled.
- a Japanese dish consisting of small pieces of chicken skewered and grilled
- A Japanese dish of chicken pieces grilled on a skewer.
- : bite-size marinated pieces of beef, seafood, or chicken on skewers
Example sentences for Yakitori
- Tokyo is home to many culinary highlights, chief among them the yakitori stalls.
yakut autonomous republic
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project