First recorded in 1860–65; yacht + 's1 + -man (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Yachtsman
- a person who owns or sails a yacht, or who is devoted to yachting.
- a person who sails a yacht or yachts
- A person who sails yachts.
- : a person who owns or sails a yacht
Example sentences for Yachtsman
- "There is nothing," and now the yachtsman could not help noticing the coldness in Viola's voice.
- Lastly, let no yachtsman speak contemptuously of the Solent.
- As an introduction, however, to the remarks which follow, my career as a yachtsman may be summarised in the most condensed form.
- The more the yachtsman slackens out his sail, the more it will help the boat along.
- The cheerful reader feels as ready for Æschylus and his furies as the yachtsman for his sail on a choppy sea.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project