First recorded in 1830–40; yacht + -ing1 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Yachting
- the practice or sport of sailing or voyaging in a yacht.
- a vessel used for private cruising, racing, or other noncommercial purposes.
- the sport or practice of navigating a yacht (as modifier)yachting clothes
- a vessel propelled by sail or power, used esp for pleasure cruising, racing, etc
- short for sand yacht, ice yacht
verb (used without object)
- to sail, voyage, or race in a yacht.
- (intr) to sail or cruise in a yacht
- The sport or pastime of racing or sailing in yachts.
- : the action, fact, or pastime of racing or cruising in a yacht
Example sentences for Yachting
- I heard the question right: Cannes is famous for its film festival, but also has a yachting festival in September.
- But there's no way to make her see that a perfect stranger is hardly likely to accept an invitation to a yachting party.
- He said that I must try to steer Uncle toward Brittany, because he'll be yachting all around there.
- He was not so fond of yachting, after all; and he remembered that he had been many times to Norway.
- On a yachting cruise his great aim should be to keep people well.
- Watch your friends starting off without you on moonlight sleigh rides, and theatre sprees, and yachting and coaching parties.
Related words & Synonyms
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project