First recorded in 1855–60; wagon + -ette (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Wagonette
- a light, four-wheeled carriage, with or without a top, having a crosswise seat in front and two lengthwise seats facing each other at the back.
- a light four-wheeled horse-drawn vehicle with two lengthwise seats facing each other behind a crosswise driver's seat
- A four-wheeled horse-drawn pleasure vehicle, typically open, with facing side seats and one or two seats arranged crosswise in front.
- : a light wagon with two facing seats along the sides behind a transverse front seat
Example sentences for Wagonette
- The wagonette was waiting, he said, and they had better lose no time in packing up.
- The plan was to drive over in a wagonette and have a picnic under the trees in the middle of the day.
- That's right, young master, and there's the wagonette from the Crown and Bells waiting to take you there.
- He had leaped down from the wagonette: he went forward to meet her; her hand was outstretched.
- Mamma, couldn't we have a long drive this afternoon in the wagonette, across the beaches and way round by the windmill?
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project