vak-yoo-uh-lit, -leyt, -yuh-lit, -leyt or vak-yoo-uh-ley-tid, -yuh-ley-tid
First recorded in 1855–60; vacuole + -ate1 (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Vacuolated
- having a vacuole or vacuoles.
- Containing vacuoles or a vacuole.
- : containing one or more vacuoles vacuolated epithelial cells
Example sentences for Vacuolated
- The diameter is about 50µ; the vacuolated ectoplasm passes gradually into the granular endoplasm.
- The heterochromosome group is blended into a vacuolated sphere in growth stages (figs. 199, 200).
- Sap vacuoles must be distinguished from spores, on the one hand, and the vacuolated appearance due to plasmolysis, on the other.
- In the passage of the egg through the oviduct the vacuolated follicle cells grow out into very peculiar long processes or villi.
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project