First recorded in 1810–20; Ukraine + -ian (Source: dictionary.com)
Definitions of Ukrainian
- of or relating to Ukraine, its people, or their language.
- of or relating to Ukraine, its people, or their language
- a native or inhabitant of Ukraine.
- a Slavic language spoken in Ukraine, closely related to Russian.
- the official language of Ukraine: an East Slavonic language closely related to Russian
- a native or inhabitant of Ukraine
- A native or inhabitant of Ukraine, or a person of Ukrainian descent.
- The Eastern Slavic language of Ukraine, which has about 60 million speakers worldwide.
- Relating to Ukraine, its people, or their language.
- : a native or inhabitant of Ukraine
- : the Slavic language of the Ukrainian people
Example sentences for Ukrainian
- Why would the CIA work to overthrow the Ukrainian government?
- On Reddit, a Ukrainian protestor shared tips and observations.
- Bershin, who worked with the Ukrainian police before rebels took control of Donetsk, says officers have to be extra vigilant.
- She was detained after rebels found photos on her tablet computer showing supplies she gave to Ukrainian fighters.
- Their fighting was poorly coordinated, their weapons were vintage pieces, mostly seized from the Ukrainian military.
- Nevertheless, the nineteenth century witnessed a notable growth of Ukrainian national feeling.
- The Ukrainian provinces formed a separate republic and proceeded to make peace with Germany and Austria.
- There is, for example, a Ukrainian family from the Russian Ukraine.
- The Germans, however, had forestalled him by quickly recognizing Ukrainian independence under the Rada.
- That same day the Teutonic delegates had signed a treaty of peace with the Ukrainian delegates.
UK Overseas Territory
Subscribe to our updates
79 345 subscribers already with us
Check the price
for your project